If you are looking for the best undercut saw for door jamb,frame,trim,baseboard,etc.,then you can have a look the following tools. They are handy for cutting under door jambs, remodeling your house, installing new flooring.
|1||Crain 835 Undercut Saw||Corded||Check Price at Amazon|
|2||Roberts Jamb Saw 10-46||Corded||Check Price at Amazon|
|3||DEWALT DWE315K||Corded||Check Price at Amazon|
|4||Rockwell RK5132K||Corded||Check Price at Amazon|
|5||DEWALT DCS355B||Batter Powered||Check Price at Amazon|
|6||Crain 336 Undercut Saw||Hand Saw||Check Price at Amazon|
There are two types of undercut saws you can choose from:
an electric undercut saw or a hand saw.
An electric saw will save you time and effort, and gives you better precision, but costs more money. Whereas a undercut hand saw will be at a cheaper price, but costs you much more time and effort on cutting. Unless you are a purist, or have plenty of time for cutting, it is better to get a power saw.
Besides the above mentioned jamb cutting tools, there is also one less expensive power tool you can consider:
an Oscillating Multi Tool.
It can also cut under door jamb as a undercut saw does.
1. Crain 835 Electric Undercut Saw – best undercut jamb saw
2. Roberts Jamb Saw with Case
3. DEWALT Oscillating Tool Kit DWE315K – best oscillating tool
4. Rockwell RK5132K – best price oscillating tool
5. DEWALT 20V MAX XR DCS355B – best cordless pick
6. Crain 336 Undercut Hand Saw – best manual saw
The Crain made several undercut saws: 575,812,825 and 835.
The 835 Undercut Saw is built on the 825, but features a bigger motor that provides more power.
- Features a 13 amp motor.
- Foldable front aluminum ratchet handle.
- Undercuts masonry walls, doors, baseboards, doorjambs, inside corners,and other hard to reach places.
- 6-1/2″ diameter Carbide Tipped Steel Blade can fully undercut most doors in place.
- Can be used for undercutting masonry walls and hearths when used with the 805 Masonry Blade.
- Height adjustment from flush to 1″ above the floor. Height adjuster have 10 reference lines, in 3/32″ increments. Maximum height of cut is 1″.
- Allows undercutting at a straight on or 45 degree angle.
- Depth gauge includes 13 increments at approximately 1/8″ each. Minimum depth is 1/8″ and maximum is 1 3/4″.
- Double insulated power cord.
- Has dust port for dust collection.
- Includes Saw, 805 Masonry Blade(primarily used for cut- ting brick), 836 Carbide Tipped Steel Blade for wood cutting, 1812-P Blade Clamp, Plastic Carrying Case, Hex Wrench and Instructions.
- NOT come with the 822 Diamond Blade for cutting brick, tile or stone.
- This saw is NOT for cutting steel,aluminum,or other metal.
- 6500 rpm no load speed
- weighs 21.5 lbs.
- Good quality.
- Easy to change blades.
- Has dust port to use with a vacuum to control dust.
- Does what it’s supposed to do.
- The 822 Diamond Blade for cutting brick, tile or stone is not included,it is sold separately.
This saw is powerful, does the job well. With the right blade, it can undercut door jambs,baseboard,masonry,tile,stones,etc. If you are looking for a powerful saw to undercut the entire base perimeter, this is a good pick.
This is a corded saw to cut under door jambs,baseboards,inside corners,and more.Product Info:
- 120V,60Hz,7.5 Amps,900W motor.
- Cut full inside corners in molding up to 0.5 inch thick.
- Undercut doors up to 1.75 inch.
- Adjustable cutting depth guide.
- Height adjustment from flush to 1.0625 inch.
- Spiral ground gears.
- Include carrying case, 6.1875 inch carbide tip blade.
- Carries 1 year limited warranty.
- 7000 RPM
- 0.625 inch arbor
- Dimensions: 15″ L x 8″ W x 6″ H
- Weighs 8.8 lbs.
- Does what it is supposed to do. Handy for undercutting baseboards, door jamb, installing hardwood floor, plank flooring,laminate flooring,tile flooring,etc.
- Easy to handle, no kickbacks.
- Powerful and cut quickly.
- Easy to adjust height and depth.
- Spit out lots of dust.
- To put the saw back into case, you have to unset the height and depth after every use.
Download manual to learn more:
A saw that makes trimming door jambs, casing, baseboard quickly,especially cutting the entire base perimeter. But it is a bit noisy.
If you just need a tool to cut a few door jambs,casing,window sill, or want a more versatile tool than a pure jamb saw, you can consider an oscillating tool.
This is a corded oscillating multi tool that is more than what you need to cut a door jamb. It is also good for removing grout in tiles,sanding,shaping,plunge cutting, and more.Product Info:
- 3 amps motor.
- Oscillations per minute: 0-22,000 OPM
- Tool free accessory change allows changing attachments without wrenches.
- DUAL-GRIP Variable Speed Trigger let you match speed to your application.
- LED Light illuminates dark work surfaces for accurate cutting.
- Adjustable depth and height setting.
- Universal accessory adaptor compatible with most oscillating tool accessory brands.
- Includes DWE315 Oscillating Tool,DEWALT Oscillating Tool Guide System,(1) Wood with nails blade,(1) Fast-cut wood blade,(1) Semi-circle blade,(1) Sanding pad,(25) Sheets of sand paper,Accessory storage box,Contractor Bag
- 10 ft. cord.
- Versatile and works great on door jambs, costs you much less time on cutting jambs than a manual jamb saw.
- Fast blade change.
- LED lights help you see the areas you are working better.
- Solidly made.
- Easy to use.
- The carry bag and storage case are a plus.
- Variable speed to fit your needs.
- Blades are expensive.
- A hard carry case would be better than a bag.
- Blade quality could be better.
Download manual to learn more:
A powerful and versatile tool that not only undercutting door jambs,but also sanding, plunge cutting drywall, and sometimes does a better job than a drywall jab saw.
This is another oscillating multi-tool,you can use it for cutting,sanding,rasping,removing grout,and scraping.Product Info:
- 120V,60Hz,3.5 amp motor.
- 4 degree Oscillation Angle.
- 10 feet power cord.
- Weighs 2.9 lbs.
- 3 year limited warranty.
- 11000~20000 opm Oscillation Speed for cutting different materials,such as plastic,tile and metal.
- Universal Fit System works with all major brands of accessories.
- Includes (1) Smaller Flange (for other brands’ sanding pads),(2) 1-3/8″ Wood End Cut Blade,(1) 3-1/8˝ HSS Semicircle Saw Blade,(10) 40# Sanding Sheet (perforated),(8) 80# Sanding Sheet (perforated),(8) 120# Sanding Sheet (perforated),(1) Sanding Pad
- No tool needed to switch blade quickly.
- Easy to use and handle.
- Great quality for its price.
- Variable speed control.
- Comes with a bag to keep it organized.
- Good price.
- Can be used in tight spots.
- The sanding accessories included does not do well on large areas, sandpaper will have trouble staying adhered to the pad after a few minutes work.
- The included blades are only good for working on things like wood and drywall, for tough jobs, you need to buy sturdier blades.
This tool is versatile, it is easy to handle work like cutting door jamb,baseboard to install tile,laminate,vinyl flooring,etc.,handy for home DIY. But if you need a tool just for sanding,there are better choices.
For those who are a devotee of cordless tools, you may want to have a look at the DEWALT DCS355B.
DEWALT DCS355B is a battery powered oscillating tool. It is an all-around tool, you can use it to undercut door jambs and casings.Product Info:
- Features DEWALT Brushless Motor.
- Quick Change Accessory System for changing blades without tools
- Universal accessory adaptor is compatible with most oscillating tool accessories.
- DUAL-GRIP Variable Speed Trigger provides 0-20,000 OPM oscillating speed and application control.
- Adjustable depth or height setting for accurate repeatability.
- LED light illuminates dark work surfaces.
- *Battery and Charger Sold Separately.*
- Includes bare tool,(1)universal accessory adaptor, (1)Wood with nails blade,(1)Fast-cut wood blade.
- Weighs 2.33 LBS.
- 11.2-inch tool length.
- 1.6 degree oscilatting angle.
- Carries 3 year limited warranty.
- Cut door jamb to install new flooring without any problem.
- Compact and powerful.
- Gets into tight areas.
- Build quality is excellent.
- Quick and easy to change blades.
- Allows you to change the angle of blades to deal with awkward jobs.
- Built-in LED lights is helpful for working in dark areas.
- Speed control is responsive.
- Good balance, comfortable grip.
- Good for plunge cuts, removing grout,removing paints,
- Replacement blades are expensive.
Download manual to learn more:
If you love cordless tool, and already have the Dewalt 20V Max battery system, then go for it. But if you do not have the battery pack, or just have limited jambs to cut, it will be a bit pricey.
If you only have a small amount of door jambs to cut, a cheap hand undercut saw could be a better choice to save you money.
This manual undercut saw is designed for undercutting door jambs or similar obstacles. It has dual handle style, and features a 12 inch trapezoid-shaped steel blade with 10 point teeth on both sides, and the blade is replaceable.Pros:
- Good quality.
- Handy for cutting jamb,frame,and more.
A sharp and handy undercut hand saw for small cutting jobs,works as advertised. If you have time on cutting jambs, it is good pick.