This depends on your needs. If you make batches for 1-2 person most of the time, the 8-quart large capacity KitchenAid commercial stand mixer definitely is not your best choice, what you need should be the 3.5-quart Mini series with 250 max watt motor. If you want a medium size mixer for family of 4-5, you can consider the best selling KitchenAid Artisan mixer with 325 max watt motor and a 5-quart bowl. ( Read KitchenAid stand mixers comparison here.)
What’s the Most Popular KitchenAid Stand Mixer for Home Use?
For those who are looking for the most popular KitchenAid stand mixer, the regular size Artisan KSM150 is the answer.
It is one of the best rated and top selling stand mixers on the market. This Artisan series offers a large range of colors to choose from. No matter what your kitchen design or personality is, you can get one that matches.
- This mixer can mix, knead and whip ingredients. It features 59-Point Planetary Mixing Action which means 59 touchpoints per rotation around the bowl for thorough ingredient incorporation.
- Furthermore, this little machine is not only a stand mixer for baking, bread dough, pizza dough, but also may be a versatile culinary tool with optional attachments. It has a Power Hub in front that the optional attachments may be attached to, turns it into a versatile culinary tool that can handle different cooking jobs. KitchenAid offers a wide range of optional attachments such as the Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment, Spiralizer, Food Processor Attachment, Food Grinder Attachment, Juicer and Sauce Attachment, Vegetable Sheet Cutter Attachment, Pasta Cutters, Fruit and Vegetable Strainer, etc. Which enables it to make almost everything you want, such as using it to help make ice cream.
- Its Tilt Head design allows you to easily access to the bowl, attach or swap accessories, and add ingredients.
- 10 speed control from slow stirring to fast beating and whipping to deal with different tasks, from adding ingredients to whipping cream.
Some questions and answers:
Where is this KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer made?
Assembled in Greenville, Ohio, USA
Is there a spring on the shaft?
No. It does not have a spring any more.
What’s the electrical requirements?
Volts: 120 V.A.C. Hertz: 60 Hz.
How many wattage is the motor?
325 max watts.
What accessories included?
Depends on what model you buy. Read Kitchenaid stand mixers Artisan KSM150 models comparison here.
How long is the warranty?
One year limited warranty.
Does the manual have some examples of recipes?
Yes. It shows you how to make breads,cakes,pies,desserts,cookies,bars,candies,etc.
What’s the Most Powerful KitchenAid Stand Mixer for Baking,Bread Dough,Pizza Dough,etc.?
Some people say that the 325 max watt Artisan is not very powerful for bread dough.
If you need the strongest KitchenAid stand mixer for large batches, have a look at the Pro Line Series and NSF Certified Commercial Series, both equipped with a more robust 1.3 HP DC Motor. For residential use, choose the Pro Line Series; for commercial use, choose the Commercial Series. They should be the best KitchenAid stand mixers for baking,bread dough,pizza dough,other heavy and dense mixtures,etc.
The design of these two series are different from the Artisan. They are bowl lift type not tilt head as the Artisan. The bowl lift design provides sturdy bowl support and stability when mixing heavy ingredients or large batches.
The Pro Line Series stand mixers for home use come with a 7-quart bowl that can mix dough for making up to 14 dozen cookies in a single batch.
The Commercial Series come with a 8-quart bowl that can handle recipes with up to 16 cups of flour, 14 dozen cookies or kneads dough for 8.25 loaves of bread in a single batch. All accessories included are commercial grade – Stainless Steel Spiral Dough Hook, Stainless Steel Flat Beater, and Stainless Steel 11-Wire Whip.
Most Expensive KitchenAid Mixer
The most expensive KitchenAid stand mixer is the Limited Edition Pro Line Series Copper Clad 7 Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer model KSM7588PCP, MSRP is 999.99 dollars.
What makes the Limited Edition Pro Line different from the regular Pro Line models is the copper finish. According to KitchenAid, the Limited Edition has real plated copper with a clear coat to prevent oxidation and tarnishing.
Unless you like the copper finish very much, save your money and buy the regular Pro Line models.
Best KitchenAid Small Stand Up Mixer
If you need a small size KitchenAid stand mixer for small kitchen, you may want to consider the KitchenAid Artisan Mini 3.5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer.
The Artisan Mini stand mixer is 20 percent smaller and 25 percent lighter than the full size Artisan. It has a 3.5-quart bowl, makes up to 5 dozen cookies or a loaf of bread in a single batch, perfect for 1-2 person.
The Mini series has two types of models, one (KSM3311X) comes with a bowl without handle whereas one (KSM3316X) includes a bowl with handle.
KSM3311X vs KSM3316X which is the best small KitchenAid stand mixer?
In fact, the machines are the same thing, only the bowl difference.
A handle on the bowl makes it easy to pick up the bowl and pour the mixtures. So, you’d better get the KSM3316X.
What’s the most popular KitchenAid mixer colors?
Empire Red, Contour Silver, Aqua Sky, Black(Onyx Black,Imperial Black) are some hot colors.
However, every kitchen is different, the best color is the one that goes well with your kitchen color.
What’s the best KitchenAid stand mixer attachment?
Kitchenaid provides a bunch of optional attachments for the stand mixers which transform the mixers into an all-around kitchen appliance. But what’s the best one to buy? This also depends on what you need. If you never make ice cream, what’s meaning of getting the ice cream attachment?
However, if you are interested in buying all the best selling attachments, here are the top ones:
- Food Grinder Attachment for grinding venison, beef, pork, chicken, etc. to help make your own meatballs, sausage, burgers, ham salad, etc.
- Ice Cream Maker Attachment for making your own healthy, low carb, sugar free ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, etc.
- Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment turns your stand mixer into a versatile culinary appliance that can help you slice or shred cucumbers, carrots, celery, zucchini, cabbages, potatoes and other vegetables.
- Pasta Roller & Cutter Attachment for rolling pasta sheet and cutting pasta sheet into noodles.
Food Processor Attachment for dicing, slicing, shredding and julienning fruits, vegetables, hard cheeses, etc.